# Developer Guide
Development & Contribution guide for Developers looking to customize crater for their own projects or contribute to the development of crater.
- Clone the repository from github https://github.com/bytefury/crater (opens new window).
- Install Yarn globally if you haven't installed that already , for more information please refer this link (opens new window)
- After installing Yarn globally , run
yarncommand inside your cloned folder, it will download all the required dependencies.
yarn devto generate the public files (do
yarn productionif you wish to use it on production).
- Install composer to your system and run
composer installinside your cloned folder to install all laravel/php dependencies.
- Create an
.envfile by running the following command:
cp .env.example .env. Or alternately you can just copy
.env.examplefile to the same folder and re-name it to
- run command:
php artisan key:generateto generate a unique application key.
- Open the link to the domain in the browser (Example:
https://demo.craterapp.com) and complete the installation wizard as directed.